How To Trace Someone Across Social Media
People have, on average, 7 social media accounts, according to Brandwatch. When you are looking into social media accounts to find someone, this is a helpful statistic to keep in mind.
It isn’t unusual to find closed accounts during an investigation. You can look for other social media accounts owned by your target as an alternative.
You can track your target through various social media sites, assuming that we already know our target’s username(s) as this will save you a lot of time, which can, in turn, be used for other activities, such as the actual review of all the collected information.
WhatsMyName Web App
WhatsMyName is the tool I wish to highlight. I want to show you, in particular, the web application that osint Combine created in collaboration with the original author. This repository has the unified data required to perform user and username enumeration on various websites.
It is super quick with an easy-to-use interface and requires no further clarification. Simply copy the username to the search bar and paste it. To refine your searches, you can click a category on the right side of the interface.
For instance, if you know that a skater is your target, first you will want to check skating sites. Generally, you can find interesting leads. I searched for a person a week ago, and to my surprise, I found interesting details on a Yoga forum, something I never expected from the user.
WhatsMyName is Python-based in its original form. WhatsMyName’s GitHub repository is available here. Since then, it has been incorporated into a range of other OSINT instruments, such as Spiderfoot, Recon-NG, and Sn0int.
Other top tips for tracing someone across social media platforms
1. Check their profile picture: If you have access to the person’s social media account, take a look at their profile picture. This can give you clues as to where they might be located.
2. Look for geotags: Many social media platforms allow users to tag their posts with location information. This can be a helpful way to track someone down if you know their approximate location.
3. Use search tools: Most social media platforms have built-in search tools that allow you to search for specific users or posts. This can be a helpful way to find information about someone’s whereabouts.
4. Contact the platform provider: If all else fails, you can always contact the platform provider to request information about the user’s account. This can be a last resort, but it may be helpful in certain cases.
5. Use a third-party service: There are also several third-party services that can help you track someone down on social media e.g whatsmyname. These services often have more comprehensive search tools that can help you find information about someone’s whereabouts.
If you need professional help finding anyone, Reach out to top-notch professionals here for assistance. Top of the industry in experience and tools to track anyone down.